The Castle of Frydek
The Castle of Frydek, originally a Gothic castle was, according to the first written mention from 1327, established by the family of Teshen Piasts. In the past it went through many Renaissance and classicism adaptations which drew out as far as till 18th century. A park, established in the 19th century, has belonged to the castle. Apart from interiors the most notable place is the Knihtly Hall from the 17th century embellished by coats of arms of Silesian aristocracy. Nowadays it is a seat of the Beskydy Muzeum with a vast exposition documenting the history and culture of the Beskydy region. The castle is now used as a cultural center where the exhibitions, concerts and dramatical programs are held.
Basilica of Mary's Visitation
It was built in 1740 - 1777. In past it was an important pilgrimage place. In the park nearby there is a neo-Renaissance Chapel of the Heart of God from 1880 - 1882 and 14 small Chapels of stations of the cross from 1876 - 1877.
Church of St. Jost in the park Komenske- ho sady - A building from 1612 represents an unique historic sight of Renaissance character made common property.
Baroque inn called U Kriveho psa
Plaques of A. V. Suvorov, who was coming back from the Italian-Swiss military campaign in 1800 and M. I. Kutuzov, whose military campaign in 1805 was finished by the victory of Napoleon at Slavkov, commemorate stay of the Russian commanders there.
Vicarage church of St. John the Baptist
A church with a Gothic heart from the second half of 14th century.
Church of St. John and Paul
A church with rococo interior originated in 1763-1769. It is surrounded by a wall with alcolved chapels of stations of the cross.
It was established in 1882 in Frydek. A funeral hall holds architectonic elements of classicism.
The oldest mention of the Jews in Frydek is from 1636. The Jewish families settled there from a second half of 19th century. A synago-gue from 1865 used to stand opposite the basilica but it was burned down in 1939.
Church of All Saints
It was built in 1716-1730 after the plaque outbreak as thanks for salvage.
Church of St. Jacob
Originally Gothic church is situated near the Mistek square of Freedom (nam. Svobody) and its present look comes for the first half of 17th
Church of St. Martin in Skalice
A church of St. Martin on Skalice hill comes century. probably from a turn of 16th and 17th century.
Church of the Snowy Mary in Lysuvky
A filial church of the Snowy Mary was rebuilt out of an original chapel in 1798.
There are remains of medieval city walls from the first half of 14th century at Na Blatnici in Frydek. Originally they protected the whole town. Two gates lead into a town - the Lower one (Leskovian) and the Upper one (Teshen).
Church of Ceskobratrske ci'rkve evange- licke (evangelic church)
A neo-Gothic building from 1910.